Monday, August 5, 2019

The Good. The Bad. The Ugly.

That was the title of the e-mail I sent to my supervisors at Sand Creek today.  

The Ugly, without a doubt, is my knee.  I saw the surgeon this morning and he was well pleased with it, to the point of predicting this scar was going to be thinner and prettier than my other knee!  But in my eyes, it's still rather ugly.  

The Good is I am able to return to work on Saturday.  The Even Better Good is that I was able to bend my knee to 110º today - ON MY OWN!!!  I checked.  The right knee hit that magic marker five days later than this left knee.  I'm happy.  It's still not flat, but those PT's have all sorts of nasty ways to make it flat.  They call it "therapy".

The Bad is I can only return to work under certain restrictions until I see the surgeon again on August 26:
  • I can't climb on ladders (no Platform 4 or High Ropes dismounts at Sand Creek - big smile!);
  • I can't carry anything heavy (which I really don't do anyway!);
  • I have to wear a wrap - to keep the dirt out!  Or I could do a BIG bandaide if I'd rather;
  • I have to have my cane available in case I get tired and use the Bobcat when exhausted.   
Looks like I'll be back at Sand Creek on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment