Sunday, August 11, 2019

The S.C.A.M.

A few years ago, the idea was tossed around that we should all have nicknames at Sand Creek.  Mine was given to me by my co-workers, a definite term of endearment.  I am the "Sand.Creek.Adventures.Mom", also known as "the SCAM".  This is how it played out yesterday.  

I stepped into the welcome center.  Our manager said, "Hop in the bobcat.  We need to set up high ropes."  The truth of the matter is, he needed to talk to the SCAM.  He was going though some rough stuff, his real mom is in Oklahoma, and he needed me.  It was a good conversation.  I'm glad he trusted me.

Around lunch time, another staff said, "I need you to write the riddle of the day for me.  You have the best handwriting."

Yet another staff took me on a tour of our new "staff lounge" that grew immensely while I was on medical leave.  We shared ideas and input. 

The last staff just simply said, while we were talking, "I'm so glad you're back." 

Me, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment