Saturday, July 22, 2017

Thankful Thursday and more . . .

Micah and I had the best time Monday afternoon decorating helmets for Calvin (our former course manager) and LeeAnn (who he met at Sand Creek).  When they showed up at Sand Creek on Thursday with their bridal party, I handed LeeAnn the bag holding her helmet first.  She opened it and simultaneously began to laugh and weep tears of joy.  Micah had used a simple blue and white theme and decorated that helmet with classy feathers and glitter pom poms.  It was the best!  

Mark handed Calvin his bag and as he pulled out his helmet, we all began to laugh.  I had used neon feathers and glitter pom poms and it was quite obnoxious!  He loved it!

I was very thankful for a daughter who created helmets with me and for two friends who were blessed with our creativity (or lack thereof).  It was a joy to be at their wedding last night and celebrate with them.

Sadly, all the pictures I had taken of the helmets are now gone so I can't share them with you.  My phone was one of two phones stolen from staff at the Y this morning.  When I think of all the pictures I've lost and all the quotes I had put on my phone, I am so sad.  But I remind myself that it was just a phone - and eat another m&m . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment