Monday, July 10, 2017

From a Friend . . .

Since my birthday in 2012, my friend, Jana, has had a Caring Bridge site.  She has been battling a brain tumor.  Some days she doesn't feel like she's winning.  Other days are better. 

Yesterday, she sent me this from her daily devotional:

"The Lord doesn’t necessarily intervene as we would like Him to, but He’s always present in our times of trouble (Psalm 46:1-3, Psalm 46:7). What’s more, He meets our needs in a way that benefits us in the long term instead of merely providing a quick fix. The question we should ask ourselves is, Am I willing to learn what God wants to teach me through this situation?"

Spot on!  She's been praying for me since I found out our schedule in Ukraine is not going to be conducive to sleep.  It was the encouragement I needed to keep pressing on . . . and be willing to learn what God wants to teach me through this situation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment