Thursday, May 25, 2017

Thankful Thursday

I honestly thought I had made the entire year at the Y without a staff evaluation and that did make me thankful.  I must have had at least one a session last year so I was glad to go without this year.  In just four days, I would have made it - but I got caught today!  

My supervisor observed my 10:30 a.m. Level Two's and gave me "5's" (the highest ranking) across the board.  For that, I was thankful - it's a new curriculum and i want to do well.

But I turned to her and said, "Don't you have anything I can improve on?"  Her response:  "You did start class late."  I laughed and she laughed with me when I told her why:

My earlier two classes today were from Sterling Academy, a Plymouth Brethren School.  I had promised the girls I would teach them how to do an "outie" French braid the first day of lessons (six weeks ago!) as they all have long hair.  Today, I joined them in the locker room and was one minute late for my third because I showed them how to braid hair.  

No comments:

Post a Comment