Sunday, May 14, 2017

Thankful Thursday!

Here it is Sunday evening and I have yet to post "Thankful Thursday!"  So sit back and read about a very thankful weekend:
  • Wednesday night, the Ukraine team got together and shared the gospel.  Micah was a bit nervous so I gave her a "flipper flapper" I had gotten from Julie Andersen, the former children's pastor at Trinity.  It worked like a dream!  Micah was able to clearly present the gospel and received very nice comments from a couple of team members, bolstering her courage!
  • Thursday I found out that my ring finger injury from December (why rush in to see the doctor?) should heal, in say, another month or so!  If not, I get to go back the end of June . . . 
  • Friday, Sam's hernia surgery lasted from 10:05-10:55 a.m.  He got two hernias repaired for the price of one!  Things were going great.  We'd be home in an hour.  Except for one small problem - he needed to urinate before he could leave.  After about a thousand laps around the nurses station, it was now almost 8:00 p.m. and he still hadn't gone.  Every lap, I repeated to myself, "God, I am so thankful that this is not serious."  He ended up with a catheter which he'll keep in until tomorrow.  While it is uncomfortable for Sam, hopefully everything will be a "go" tomorrow and he will be well.  If not, we see a urologist.  
  • I was thankful for my supervisor at ISD 196 who found a sub for me on Saturday.  I was scheduled to teach CPR-Pro, First Aid, and CPR for the Lay Rescuer.  Matt and Micah were also working so I got to be the caregiver.  Except I was actually the driver - three times to Target, once to CVS and once to Walgreens!  Honestly, I was loosing my thankfulness by the time I reached Walgreens . . . 
  • Today my favorite children washed my car and for that I was thankful!
  • Sam returns to school tomorrow - not sure I'm thankful for that!  I think he should stay home.  I'll have to change my attitude and just be thankful that I get to be home and don't have to go anywhere or do anything until First Aid class tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment