Sunday, May 7, 2017

From the Good Ship . . .

Today's post has been reblogged from Nurse Kathy Wagner's blog, "Journey to Glory".

This poem, written by Beautiful Lyndy Cossey sums up my last three months and why I am returning to the ship for two more years.



Hands

When part of our body is hurting
We stretch out our hands to hold it
To staunch the bleeding
Support the wound
Enveloping it in love
There’s no question asked
We naturally just reach out
In love and care to hold our body

There’s a ship made of hands
That is reaching out
To where God’s body hurts
It brings love, care and hope
As the hands plow through the water
To where the body is hurting
To where it is bruised and sore
Hands reaching out to envelope
Those people with love and care
To staunch the bleeding, heal the wounds
Comforting hands
Strong hands
Loving hands
Supportive hands to those in need
To themselves, to those they love
To those they’ve never seen

I take a deep breath and sigh every time I read this! Yes, Yes!.....this is what I am to do with my life......reach out and "Go" to where the body is hurting! If it means sharing my home with 400+ people, sleeping in a bunk bed and waking to no windows, then so be it.....to know at the end of the day, at the end of my life that I served God and took care of HIS body.......what more Peace and JOY and "Happiness" could there be!















No comments:

Post a Comment