Monday, May 1, 2017

Moving Mountains!

Jesus said if we had faith the size of a mustard seed, we could move mountains.  Yesterday, I found out we could also trust Him for the weather!

Starting last Wednesday, my good buddy Sven on Kare 11, kept telling me it was going to be cold and wet on Sunday afternoon.  We had a group of 75 eighth graders coming from St. Andrew's Church for some team building.  So I began to pray.  I prayed that it wouldn't rain.  I prayed that it specifically would NOT rain between 2:00 and 6:00 p.m.  I also prayed I wouldn't freeze.  I texted co-workers.  Told them I was praying that it wouldn't rain.  

I drove to work in the rain.  Some St. Andrew's parents were concerned about the weather.  Their youth pastor told them to "suck it up".  We had our 75 students.  We had no rain.  It was windy, cold, and cloudy - but it was not raining!

As we packed up around 5:30 p.m., Mark turned to me and said, "If it starts to rain at six, I'm texting you!"  Alan added, "With all my prayer requests."  Got the first text from Mark at 6:15 p.m.

To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment