Friday, August 5, 2022

Thankful Thursday!

So much to be thankful for on one simple Thursday!

  • While going for my early morning walk, I ran into Rich and Jen.  Rich commented that they needed to order another flourless chocolate cake from Micah soon because the one they had had earlier tasted "just like heaven".  I happened to know that Micah had one she had made the day before in her fridge and she was selling it for half price.  Rich was over before noon.
  • I meet with an amazing group of ladies for "Bible Study in the Park" on Thursday mornings.  I always leave encouraged by their hearts and their love for Jesus.
  • While I was with "my ladies", Sam was getting his stitches out.  The PA was well pleased with Sam's progress and believes his relapse was due to Sam doing too much too soon.  In just a few weeks, he should be as good as gold.
  • I was able to help Micah package cookies for New Life Family Services (our adoption agency) "Girls Night Out" tonight - like over 300 chocolate chip, ginger snap and brown sugar cookies - all individually wrapped, mostly by yours truly!
  • My friend, Deb, dropped off my Stampin' Up order.  Prior to her arrival I had texted her to let her know Micah was making cookies and she could pre-order.  She promptly texted back, ordering sixteen cookies.  She was getting ready to leave with the cookies and I mentioned to her that she needed to pay for them.  We all burst out in laughter as she said she had put her money in the cooler where she was going to keep the cookies while she went to book club.  She quickly went to her cooler and gave Micah some "cool change".  

No comments:

Post a Comment