Friday, July 15, 2022

The Money-Changer


After my mammogram yesterday, I decided to reward myself with a $1.00 McDonald's Coke.  Naturally the drive-through line was FOREVER, so I decided to pop in.  My first clue was when the woman in front of me had to explain to the young man behind the register THREE times that he'd given her the wrong change.

I paid with a $2.00 bill.  His response was, "Wow.  I've never seen one of those before," and then handed me a $1.00 bill back.  A $1.00 Coke is actually $1.07.  I should have just taken the money and run, but I said, "You gave me $1.00.  You should have given me ninety-three cents back."  I handed him the dollar bill and he gave me one quarter, one nickel and one penny.  I said, "I actually get three quarters, one dime, one nickel and three pennies back."  He looked at me. He took the money back.  I said, pointing to the quarters in the till, "I get three of those - twenty-five, fifty, seventy-five cents.  Now I get one dime."  He looked at the dimes and he gave me a nickel.  I told him I wanted one of the small silver ones which is a dime and a nickel which he was holding.  I told him we were up to ninety cents and now I needed three pennies and I would have the right change.  Got it!

Yikes!     

No comments:

Post a Comment