Thursday, July 28, 2022

Thankful Thursday!

 Thankful Thursday actually happened last night.  Sam and I were walking around the block to exercise his knee and all of a sudden, he could no longer bear weight on his right leg.  He collapsed to the ground.

Fortunately, two neighbors who were outside started to run over.  Twenty years in our neighborhood and we had never met Jeff - until last night.  We'd seen him outside, been annoyed by his little white yippy dog every time we walked by his house, and said "Hi" probably a thousand times or so.  He was the first one on the scene.  "I'm going to get my car and bring you home.  Can you get in my car?"

Kayla, the nurse, stopped running when Jeff beat her.  I gave her the thumbs up and she went back to her to daughters who were playing in the yard - although I did receive several texts from her throughout the night.

We actually "met" Jeff while he was driving us home and thanked him again after he helped me get Sam in the backseat of my car.  Then Sam and I were off to TCO Urgent Care where he got the same PA he had had the first time he went in for his knee.

While she thought it was too early for another MRI, her concern is that there may be a fluid sac behind Sam's knee causing his pain.  She encouraged him to ice and elevate and see his PT today.

Sam's PT today didn't agree with her diagnosis and wants him to contact his surgeon.  He left a message today but has yet to receive a return phone call.

I am so thankful for the neighbors who came to our rescue last night!   

No comments:

Post a Comment