Wednesday, July 20, 2022

The Lost Tribe of W.S.I.'s

It appears that not only is there a shortage of lifeguards right now, but there's also a shortage of W.S.I.'s - Water Safety Instructors.  Mine, amazingly enough, remains current and this summer I was asked to teach swimming lessons at Black Hawk Middle School in Eagan.

Knowing that this was Teija's first summer as the Aquatics Director and that W.S.I. numbers were short, I said I would with two qualifiers:

  1. I'm only there because YOU need me, so I don't need to work the full time slot.
  2. I'm good with like three, maybe four, classes a day.
That is so NOT what happened!  Nope.  I'm the first one in the pool every day and the last one out.  I have six classes ranging from the itty bitty babies and their parents to fourth graders.  And I'm having a blast!   

No comments:

Post a Comment