Friday, July 24, 2020

Thankful Thursday!

This week, "Thankful Thursday" follows "Weeping Wednesday".  We began to find out on Wednesday what changes were taking place at the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities.  It began with a text just before lunch from my Aquatics Director saying she had been terminated.  Of all the Aquatics Director's I've had - and I've had ten in the thirteen years I've been there, Barbara was my hands down favorite.  She gave her all to the Y and they gave her the boot.  But she wasn't the only one.  We lost Malaika from the front desk who helped me through those CPRPR Saturday mornings.  We lost Becky from Water-X who was becoming a good friend.  You read in the paper that so many positions were cut, but these cuts are personal.  They are my friends.  Which made Wednesday a very sad day.

On Thursday, my only choice was to be thankful for the memories we shared, to be thankful that our lives were able to intersect, and to be thankful for all the moments we laughed when crying would have been so much easier!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment