Friday, July 10, 2020

Hernia Surgery!

In case you're wondering, Sam walked the dog this morning before hernia surgery!

I was able to stay with him from check-in at 6:45 a.m. until 8:15 a.m. when they wheeled him into the operating room.  Then, I went for a swim at the Y and got a few groceries at Cub.  I was on my way home when the phone rang.  For those of you who are local - in the turn lane by Culver's ready to go south on Kenwood Trail.  Yup, I was talking with his surgeon on my phone while driving and ever thankful there were no officers near by to ticket me.  

On the right side, where he had had his previous hernia, there were two more.  On his left side, there was the beginning of one.  The good doctor fixed all three.  I'm sure at no extra charge!

Everyone thought he'd be home by noon, but alas.  If you don't urinate, you don't leave.  So sadly, at 3 p.m. I picked him up with his new buddy, the Cath.  He'll literally hang around until Monday when hopefully, it'll be all systems "Go!" and the catheter will be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment