Thursday, July 2, 2020

Thankful Thursday!

On this particular Thursday, i am working on being thankful that I can change my mindset from a negative to a positive.  My Type-A personality wants nothing more than to go to the Y, swim without stopping and leave.  But it doesn't work like that.  

You see, Jenny, at the front desk - her daughter found out today if she got a teaching job in Arizona for this fall and her son is being deployed to Kuwait in January.  Jenny was in tears.  Jenny needed a friend.  I'm thankful that was me.

Glenn, at the ripe old age of 83, wanted to share a bit more of his life story with me.  His wife was a teacher, my husband is a teacher.  It only took some of my time to listen.

Steven, our lifeguard, was frustrated with his parents - and honestly, rightly so.  It took thirty minutes to talk through his situation and that which was fine because there wasn't a soul in the pool area besides the two of us.  

After answering Linda's question in the locker room of how I'm doing with a "fine", I thought I'd better ask her the same.  She wasn't doing fine.  Her husband is battling cancer and he's lost so much weight.  She's tired.

In this time of Covid, I am thankful that I have time to give, even in ways that my Type-A personality doesn't want to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment