Friday, July 10, 2020

Thankful Thursday!

In all honesty, I was so thankful when Thursday was finally over and Sam made a decision.  He had hernia surgery scheduled for 8:15 a.m. this morning (details on that will follow). 

Every other day, all week long, I heard one of two things, "I'm going to cancel my surgery" or "I'm going to have my surgery".  He spent hours every day - that could have really been spent doing other things that REALLY needed to be done - researching the different kinds of mesh used in hernia surgery, which ones were having lawsuits, which companies produced them.  I know so much about hernia mesh now that I am beyond overwhelmed!

I went to bed Wednesday night and he was going to go through with the surgery.  I woke up Thursday morning and he was not.  All I could pray for all week long was that he would have wisdom and peace.

We finally had it out last night.  "I don't care what you do, but I need to know where you're going with this because I haven't been able to pray for you.  And one of us needed to walk the dog in the morning." 

At 7 p.m., he told me that he had decided to have the surgery.  It was confirmed today that that was the right choice.  See the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment