Friday, March 27, 2020

Thankful Thursday!

I had to wait until after supper last night to post.  As you can see, I even took a bit longer.  Here's the story . . .

In my recent cleaning frenzy, I came across an unmarked jar of something in one of our cupboards, an obvious Christmas gift to Sam that I did not know about.  Upon questioning him, I was right!  Mary Beth had given him a jar of homemade grape jelly for Christmas.  Mary Beth was safe.  She's a co-worker.  I asked permission to cook with it, went on-line and found a recipe for grape jelly meatballs, bought the rest of the ingredients and put it on our list for supper last night.
 
When I opened the jar last night, it wasn't grape jelly.  It was blueberry.  Neither one of us wanted to go to the store, so we went with the blueberry.

Today, I'm thankful to say that the blueberry meatballs turned out just fine!  Although I do think grape might be just a bit better . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment