Friday, March 6, 2020

Pounding Headache . . .

On Friday morning, I both teach and deck manage swimming lessons.  Today was a headache waiting to happen.  

Our first class of the morning had eight children.  Two were level three's, one was a level two, four were level ones and that last child, we just called "Velcro" because she hung on SO tight!  I had the three's.  My life was easy.  But I couldn't leave the other teacher with six children so I moved the level two to my Thursday class.  It made the dad happy, my co-worker happy and my Thursday morning a lot busier!

The second class, we had two children request me and one request my co-worker - and they were all in the same class.  I was given the class due to seniority, but that left my co-worker with the whine, "______'s mom isn't going to be happy.  She wanted me to teach her child."  "I'm surprised _______'s mom hasn't come over here and complained yet."  I had just one thought for my co-worker, "SHUT UP!", but I kept that opinion to myself and enjoyed my class!   

The last class of the day was a class to be loved - parent/child.  I had six children and seven parents.  Perfect odds!  They were all winners because every one of them were able to put their child (ranging in age from ten months to two years) under water!  Good job!  

No comments:

Post a Comment