Tuesday, March 3, 2020

All in a night's work . . .

Some children's parents . . .

Last night at swimming lessons, I just wanted to say, "Really?"  or maybe the old ELC camp standard, "Grow a brain."  It was the first night of the session which bred all sorts of confusion.  Read on . . .
  • "Why aren't my children on the roster?  I have a note right here from Ana saying they have lessons (long pause) on Wednesday night.  Oh . . ."
  • "My girls are signed up.  They just had lessons last week."  "Last week was the end of the session.  The new session started tonight.  Did you register?"  "I didn't know about it."  "You didn't see the (point to large sign on door) sign that's been up since January?  Hmmm . . ."
  • "My daughter is signed up."  "No, your daughter is on the waiting list.  We called you twice today and left messages on your phone."  "I never got them."  "Is this your phone number?"  "Um . . . yeah . . ."
For Women Only . . .

The last class of the night was for women only.  We had eight women sign up and for the most part, they were scared to death!  It was lovely to see them getting their faces wet and blowing bubbles and becoming more comfortable in the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment