Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Three.

I have a neighbor who has a son with brain damage as a result of freak car accident.  She was telling me the other day that people often tell her, "Call me if you need any help."  She said she does call people for help, but by the time she's called the third person and has heard "no" for the third time, she's tired of calling and being turned down.  "I just can't do it anymore.  It's easier to do it by myself."

Well, today I had a two-hour break between teaching four CPR-PR classes at the Y.  I got into my car, ready to go home for lunch, and there was a text message from my neighbor.  Could I pick her son up and bring him to work?  I hadn't been home since 6 a.m., I wouldn't get home again until after 7:30 p.m., I only had a two-hour break!  Boy, does that ever sound like yesterday's whine!

So I said, "Yes", because she needed that "yes" more than I needed a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment