Thursday, April 12, 2018

Thankful Thursday!

On an actual Thursday, I am thankful for (more than, but am only sharing) these three things:
  • I got a text at 2 a.m. this morning from my forever friend, Cherie.  (Can you say "the seventies"?)  Her grandson, Jack, was having heart surgery at noon today.  Would I pray?  Definitely!  I am thankful that I can be "there" for her and she can call on me at any time.
  • I am thankful for my fellow swimmers who took the time today to ask me how I was feeling.  Truthfully, better in the muscle department.  My chest and leg muscles seem to hurt less every day.  Unfortunately, nausea is my new best friend (not so thankful for that).
  • I am thankful for Edith's mom, Kris.  On our first day of lessons seven weeks ago, I had admired Kris' earring and asked where she'd gotten it.  She said she made it herself and she would be glad to make me one.  At the end of lessons today, Edith handed me a box.  Not only was the earring I admired in the box, but a totally cool pair of earrings that Kris said would be perfect to swim in!  What an awesome gift and I am so thankful for the earrings!  I went on-line and checked out Kris' website (Kiki Koyote) and her story makes me even more thankful that she chose to gift me in this way.
Have a blessed thankful Thursday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment