Sunday, April 8, 2018

Diagnosed.

For all of you who have been waiting on pins and needles since "Thankful Thursday", I was given a diagnosis this morning!  You might remember I saw my doctor for what I thought were two separate problems on Thursday, plus my annual thyroid/cholesterol check.  Here's what little I now know:
  • My TSH is high which means, if I'm reading it correctly, my thyroid function is low.  We're going to wait a couple of months, retest, and then see if we need to change my medication.  Because I do have bigger and better problems . . .
  • I have polymyalgia rheumatica.  I passed the blood test, or failed it, depending on how you look at it! - which simply means my muscles ache throughout my hips and shoulders.  Like major pain!  Like difficulty getting in and out of bed, difficulty getting in and out of the car, difficulty getting in and out of chairs, difficulty walking . . . I looked it up on-line, but I'm going to wait until I hear back from my doctor tomorrow before I get too excited.  What mattered most to me is that it is treatable and maybe by the end of this week or sometime next week, my pain will be diminished.  Praise God!
  • Lastly, the third area of concern involves the porcelain throne.  I was able to drop off four specimens at the lab today and hopefully those results will come in soon.     
To those of you who have been praying for me, thank you!  It means a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment