Wednesday, April 4, 2018

BUT WHAT!?!

Ever since my car went through the garage door in February, I have not been feeling well/healthy/normal.  I attributed it stress/life/stress.  Two weeks ago, I contacted my internist and shared with him the symptoms I was having and mentioned that when I saw him on April 12, I wanted to know if I was getting age-d or if maybe there was something more wrong with me.  He tried to get me in sooner, but our schedules just did not connect.

Fast forward to Sunday night, I said to Sam, "I need to see my doctor.  I'm not feeling well.  I'm going to send him an e-mail."  (Note:  every e-mail I have sent him, he has personally responded to.)

Imagine my surprise when I got this e-mail from his office early Monday morning (Note:  I took out names to protect, shall I say, the stupid!):

"Hi Margo,

This is S the triage nurse looking at Dr. E's schedule and talking to his nurse L. Dr. E does not have absolutely any openings earlier than April 12th.
If you want to get in sooner, we could get you scheduled possibly with one of his partners.

We do not keep a cancellation log unfortunately.
Call our clinic if you want to see a partner 952-.
Have a great rest of today!
"  

Say what?!?  I can be patient and patient I was.  After all, I KNEW Dr. E had NOT sent that message!  C'mon folks!  I had all three of his boys in swimming lessons and our sons played soccer against each other while we sat and chatted!  Our spouses have met!

At 4:39 p.m. Monday, I got a call back from S.  Miraculously, Dr. E had an opening for 7:30 a.m. tomorrow (Thursday) morning.  I'm guessing he started looking at his messages around 4:30 p.m. on Monday and made time for me!  Thank you, Dr. E!

No telling what is wrong with me, but this I know - one of my labs came back off (as in I need a medication adjustment) and as I read up on the info they sent me, I have a lot of the symptoms that come with that lab being off.  Stay tuned for "Thankful Thursday!"    


No comments:

Post a Comment