Thursday, November 2, 2017

Thankful Thursday!

Today I am thankful for the "Lyle Heuer's" in my life . . . 

The first Lyle Heuer I usually call "Dad".  He used to be hard of hearing before my mom died.  Now he hears just fine.  We spent a little over an hour on the phone yesterday where I learned those fun "Dad" facts:
  • He had around twenty Trick or Treater's on Monday night.  The last ones to show up at his house were a son and his mom.  Dad said he gave both of them treats.  That's my dad!
  •  He said it's the church turkey dinner Saturday night and he's already been contacted to cut pies.  He's been cutting pies since the first dinner and loves it.  That's my dad!
  • He also said they were looking for volunteers to peel potatoes.  He figured if it didn't interfere with pie cutting, he had enough time to do both.  I love my dad!
The second Lyle Heuer is my son, Matthew "Lyle Heuer" Zupke, named after my dad.  Tuesday afternoon I told him he needed to go get a flu shot at Cub.  I was going to get groceries and I could sign him in.  Then I asked if he wanted to help me get groceries after his shot.  He said yes.  I said it was a BIG list.  He said yes.  He was an awesome help and I so appreciated him.
 
I love and am thankful for the "Lyle Heuer's" in my love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment