Sunday, November 26, 2017

Our 2017 Christmas Card

It all began back in February when I had a "Stampin' Up" party and we were laughing hysterically about the stamp set, "Hey Chick":


I mean, is this a family opp or what? - there's Matt with the hair up in the top left corner; Micah, our good egg, on the bottom right; Super Sam on the bottom left and Chicken Little (me!) on the top right.  It was meant to be!  I ordered what I needed and . . .

On May 12, when Sam had his hernia surgery, I began the cards.  I was hoping to get a good chunk (not chick!) done, but his surgery went TOO fast and I had just gotten the paper folded when I was called back.  You know the rest of the story - I spent that weekend taking care of Sam without a single card being made.

Fast forward to November (the next time I was able to work on the cards) - and I realized how absolutely tedious my card was going to be!  I sucked it up and began to color the four pieces that needed to be colored.  I'm not sure what was easier - the good egg or Chicken Little - but at 5:30 p.m. today, my cards are finished! 

I'd love to include a picture here of the finished product, but it's not happening.  If you want to see the card, you'll just have to send me one first . . . 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment