Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The.Second.Saddest.Story.Ever.

Last week was life jacket day at the Y where we gave all of our classes the opportunity to swim in life jackets.  Now you might think "the second saddest story ever" was when one of my fifteen month old students literally got stuck in her life jacket.  It took both her mom and I working together to finally get her out of the jacket because that zipper was STUCK.  Sadly, the story happened in my next class . . .

I have a larger student who I didn't think would fit in one of our thirty-to-fifty pound life jackets, so I grabbed a fifty-to-ninety pound life jacket.  I tried to put it on this student and it did not fit.  I asked him if he knew how much he weighed.  He smiled and said to me, "Ninety-eight pounds."  Friends, this child was FOUR!  And that's what makes this story so sad . . . think about it.  When did you weigh ninety-eight pounds?  I was 102 pounds the day I graduated from high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment