Sunday, October 29, 2017

Last Day at Sand Creek . . .

At 32*F, wearing two pairs of pants, two pairs of socks, two shirts, two coats, hat and mittens - I can't said I was sad driving to work at 8:00 a.m. yesterday morning!  The only redeeming news was the lack of snow - we actually had more snow in Lakeville than they did in Jordan!

Our first group of the day was the Rosemount Fighting Irish Girls Hockey Team!  Mark and I brought them down the ice covered hill and over the ice covered bridge for some team bonding.  We had a blast!  We followed that up with Mark and I working together on the Leap of Faith where even the coaches got up.  After that, we sent them zipping.  The saddest part of their time - when they told us that last year they had only won seven games which actually was great because the year before thy hadn't won any!  May they do better this year!  The best part of their time - they had pizza delivered to the bus to eat on the ride home.  As they were passing out pizza, I discovered that my male co-workers had given the girls my warm wool mittens!  I hopped on the bus and they sent my gloves up with a piece of sausage pizza which I joyfully ate right in front the the men! 

My next group was a co-worker from the Y and her family.  Sadly, the group of six turned out to be a group of four - it's a bit hard to do team building with a group of four - but we had a great time!  I understood her reasons for bringing the family out and I'm glad I could spend the afternoon with them.  When we went up the hill to zip, it turns out that . . .

They were zipping with another group.  That other group included Super Man and Wonder Woman who in real life were sisters celebrating a 50th birthday!  We toured and had a blast - until platform three.  I was hooking up the last guy and I asked him how he knew the family, thinking I already had sister, sister, husband, son - maybe he was the other sister's husband.  Oh, no.  He told me he was the asexual life partner of the woman who's husband and son I had just sent down.  The things we can't make up on a zip line.  I still can't grasp their relationship - nor do I need to!

The last group of the day was Hannah's birthday.  Hannah worked at Sand Creek this summer and we had fun with her.  Sadly, her party of thirty had dwindled to a party of six - maybe they thought it was cold outside.  After we zipped them, I got to go home early enough to go to Saturday night church!

It was another great day at Sand Creek which was part of a great year - but at these temps, I'm so glad to be done for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment