Thursday, August 24, 2017

Thankful Thursday!

I've spent the week at Black Hawk Middle School in Eagan training thirteen and fourteen year olds how to be water safety aides.  I had a small group of six, but what a great group!  It was fun to watch them bond.  

On Monday, three members of our class brought glasses for the eclipse.  I asked them if they would be willing to share with those who didn't have them.  Not only did they share with our class, but the lifeguard class and the water safety instructor class.

Today, we had a junk food lunch.  I told them I would bring brownies (thank you for baking, Micah!) and they could bring whatever they wanted.  Would you believe we had four pans of brownies, two bags of cookies and watermelon?  By no means healthy, but what fun!

I am thankful for the opportunity to invest my life and teaching knowledge into their lives and I am thankful for them - Sam, Henry, Nina, Olivia, Maggie and Makayla!

No comments:

Post a Comment