Thursday, August 17, 2017

Only at Sand Creek!

Before we head back to Ukraine, I worked an eight (am) to five-thirty (pm) shift at Sand Creek on Saturday.  Jen and I were both thrilled when we got there (NOT!) and found out that we really didn't need to be there until 9:30 a.m. but we managed to find plenty of work to do while we waited - including me almost driving the Bobcat over the edge - opps!

My first group was from Crown College.  What an amazing time with fellow believers!  I was able to challenge, encourage and have so much fun with them!

Sometime after lunch, we had a family of four arrive early - mom, dad, and twin sons who had just graduated from high school.  One of the sons, Luke, had just found out that he was going to need a heart and kidney transplant.  Mom was afraid to send him down the zip, but staff encouragement won and they finally decided to go.  As I locked Luke in, I looked at him and said, "You know, if you're heart gives out now, I'm the one who's going to have to do CPR, so I suggest you don't do that!"  (Like he has any say in the matter!).  But with a smile he took off - and the family had a wonderful time.   

Days at Sand Creek always seem to be so good . . .    

No comments:

Post a Comment