Thursday, December 22, 2016

Thankful Thursday!

For the past two afternoons, I have been volunteering in Sam's classroom helping his students make snowmen out of rose bowls as a family holiday gift.  I went in fully prepared, with a good idea of who was who and what to expect regarding behaviors.  I worked with groups of three to six students at once and had an absolutely wonderful time.  Anyone can work with small groups of ADHD and autistic children doing an art project for a half an hour.  It takes someone special to go in day after day and try to teach a classroom full of children who have a wide variety of needs and behaviors.  I am thankful for my husband who gets up every morning to face a most challenging and difficult classroom.  I am thankful for a husband who loves his students in spite of their behavior.  I am thankful for a husband who encourages his class and starts new with them every morning.  Sam, you're amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment