Wednesday, September 21, 2016

What Happens When . . . Part 2

On Sunday, September 11, I asked the question, "What happens when you have a bridal party made up of YWAMers at Sand Creek Adventures and a Sand Creek staff who served with Mercy Ships?"  My response was, "Absolutely the best time ever!"  Little did I know how our time together would impact another Sand Creek staff.  I found out this past Saturday.

K. and I were on a brief break, waiting for a family to come down to the high ropes course. I asked her what she thought of the YWAMers the week before.  She told me I wouldn't believe it!  You see, the morning the YWAMers showed up, K. had just found out that she had not gotten the job she had been counting on.  The job she had already filled out her W-4's for because she was a shoe in for it.  Even her supposed future boss agreed. But she wasn't.  So on her way to Sand Creek, she stopped at a coffee shop, took out her Bible and asked God what His plan was for her.  Then she came to work and met the YWAMers.  She said it was interesting - her advisor had suggested YWAM to her earlier, but she KNEW she was going to get THIS job so she didn't pursue it.  After she met the bridal party, she began to look on-line into YWAM seriously.  At this point, her plan is to pursue the bride (they had exchanged contact information) and find out more.  She feels God may be leading her to YWAM's Kentucky training site, beginning January 8, 2017.  And I thought I was the only one who had a good day . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment