Thursday, September 1, 2016

Thankful Thursday . . . on Thursday!

My pain block wore off about 8:30 p.m. last night and all of a sudden my foot hurt and I was in pain.  I could only lay in bed and thank God that I was able to have this surgery, knowing this pain was only temporary.  It would get better.  

You see, there is a big white hospital ship docked in Cotonou, Benin, right now - for the first time since we were there in 2009.  The ship was suppose to return in 2014, but with the Ebola outbreak, the ship was sent to Madagascar.  I can't imagine needing surgery in 2014 and having to wait until 2016.  I certainly can't imagine needing surgery in 2010 and having to wait until 2016.    

So today I am ever so thankful for the health care I have here and for all those wonderfully amazing people on board the good ship Mercy who are bringing much needed health care to Benin.  To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment