Saturday, September 24, 2016

"Fortunately, Unfortunately"

Do you remember the book, "Fortunately, Unfortunately" by Michael Foreman?  

Unfortunately, that was my morning at the Y.

Fortunately, I prayed last night that God would wake me up with enough time to get to the Y in order to do what I needed to do before class began.

Unfortunately, I did not sleep well last night.

Fortunately, I got to the Y only ten minutes later than I had hoped.

Unfortunately, the room I thought I was teaching CPR in had "New Staff Orientation."

Fortunately, a friend from my time in Bloomington was teaching the class and I had not seen her since 2002!

Unfortunately, now I was running even later.

Fortunately, Leah was working at the front desk and she put me in the Kids' Stuff gym.

Unfortunately, it had no tables or chairs.

Fortunately, we could get by without them.

Unfortunately, the room echoed.

Fortunately, it did have a big blue mat (knee savers!) on the floor so I didn't need to carry one in.

Unfortunately, when I went to get the manikins from their closet, there were a ton of big boxes in the way and I couldn't get to them.

Fortunately, Leah was working and she called maintenance to move boxes.

Unfortunately, they were in the boiler room at the time and didn't hear the page.

Fortunately, Leah was still working and gave me one of her strong male front desk staff to move my boxes.

Unfortunately, the doors were locked to the gym and the alarm was set.

Fortunately, Leah was still working and unlocked the doors and disarmed the alarm.

Unfortunately, a second guy showed up for class and I was only expecting one.

Fortunately, he was in the wrong room and I sent him to New Staff Orientation.

Unfortunately, two more people showed up for class and they had not completed their on-line portion.

Fortunately, only one of them left in tears.

Unfortunately, my class started late.

Fortunately, no one seemed to mind.  

Just another great day at the y . . .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment