Saturday, October 5, 2013

Wallpapering . . .

On Wednesday, I finally decided to replace the wallpaper border in our master bathroom.  This was not a hasty decision as I had ordered the border back in August and it had been sitting on our kitchen counter for the month of September.  I prepped the wall in the morning and after lunch, I prepared to put it up.  I opened the package and was surprised by the total lack of directions, so I googled "how to put up prepasted wallpaper border" and came up with a plan.  I ran tepid water in the sink, stuck the border in for five minutes and let it bond out of the water for another ten minutes and went to put it up.  It didn't stick, so I did what I should had done in the first place - I called Hirschfield's.  My new best friend for life, Belinda, said, "Oh, no - only let the paper soak for 10-15 seconds, then let it bond for ten minutes, then put it up.  Let me GIVE you adhesive so you can get that piece up and then follow my directions for the next piece."  So I rushed to Hirschfield's, picked up the adhesive, took the scenic route home thanks to 35W construction, put adhesive on my prepasted border and stuck it up.  

I got off work early today and decided to put up the last piece of border.  Just like my BFFL Belinda said - it was a 12 second soak, a ten minute bond - and nothing.  ABSOLUTELY nothing.  So I got my free adhesive and went back to work.  

The border's up, it looks great - I'm going to Hirschfield's because I am fairly confident that my prepasted border was definitely NOT prepasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment