Friday, October 25, 2013

Give Thanks . . .

I am currently reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp.  It is really hitting home with me that I need to give thanks in all circumstances, so . . .

Yesterday morning when I went into the bathroom and found little black hairs all over the sink, rather than blowing a gasket, I began to give thanks . . . thanks that I have a husband who can shave . . . because I have two friends who have lost husbands within the past year and I'll bet they'd give anything to have whiskers back in their sinks . . .

And when I popped on 35W to go to work yesterday, road rage would have been a viable option, but I chose to give thanks . . . thanks that we have roads here in America and thanks that we have crews who are able to fix them because the roads in Liberia are more potholes than road - and we all know that covering the hole with palm branches does NOT fix it . . .  

And when I tripped over something while trail running at 6 a.m. this morning (not my most brilliant idea!) and landed face up on the ground, I thanked God for the stars - they truly were beautiful!  And I thanked God that I only damaged one elbow and NO ankles as . . .

I learn to give thanks with a grateful heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment