Thursday, October 24, 2013

Try The Y Healthy Living Challenge

The Try the Y Healthy Living Challenge ends tomorrow and I did it!  I had two goals - one was to mix it up and swim more miles than I needed to run; the other was to run more miles than I needed to bike.  Had the pool not been closed on Tuesday because our combined chlorine (whatever that means!) was too high, I would have swam more miles than I needed to run.  As it stands, I'm two miles short.  But I did manage to run far more miles than I needed to bike!

Here's where I'm at:

EVENT                                   Swim          Run/Walk          Bike
AMOUNT NEEDED                 2.5                26.2               112
AMOUNT COMPLETED        24.25            130                  122.28

And I still have 24 more hours!  Why is this so exciting for me?  Because it was in October 2011 that I originally injured my right ankle and it was in November 2012 that I had surgery on it and it was in April 2013 that a car accident sprained it once again.  Now, it's October 2013 and to GOD BE THE GLORY!  Praise His healing power!

Tough decision ahead:  Do I want the orange t-shirt or the purple one or the teal one or was that a bright green one I saw?  I'll pick tomorrow . . .   

No comments:

Post a Comment