Wednesday, September 7, 2022

School Began!

The first day of school was yesterday!  My school, Oak Hills Elementary, houses the Districts' Ignite program - but does not provide busing for the Ignite students, so the first week or two of school, drop off is a virtual NIGHTMARE!

Since I now start at 8:45 a.m., I am always going to need to arrive in the midst of drop off traffic.  I decided yesterday that I did NOT want to be in line for a minimum of half an hour (seriously, drop off started at 8:35 a.m. yesterday and ended at 9:15 a.m.) so . . .

I rode my bike to work!  What a hoot!  It's the first time I've biked to work since the 1980's!  It was great!  I passed students walking, I waved to teachers, I saw former students!  My favorite, though, was the kinder who said to me, "My mom used to ride a bike, too, when she was younger."  

No comments:

Post a Comment