Wednesday, November 24, 2021

The New Dishwasher.

There it is.  Our brand new dishwasher that arrived yesterday morning.  Our brand new dishwasher that remains in the box because it was just delivered yesterday.  Not installed.  Delivered.  Never mind that we have seventy-two hours after delivery to determine if the dishwasher works.  We can't use it as is - like in the box.

I spent over thirty minutes on the phone yesterday, trying to get that baby installed:

  • Person One:  Let me confirm your information and then I will connect you to the right party for installation.  
  • Person Two:  I'm sorry we have no installers in your area.  I can't help you.
  • Me:  Then transfer me to someone who can.
  • Person Three:  Let me confirm your information  . . . 
  • Person Four:  Someone will call you within the next twenty-four hours to set up your installation.  If we do not, you can call someone and we will reimburse you for the installation fees.  
  • Me:  Really?  And I have some great swamp land . . .  

Sam is back on the phone with Sears as I type.  All I can say is this:

  • I need to thank God that I have water (and I don't have to go to the river to fetch it);
  • I need to thank God that I have running hot water coming out of my faucet (and that I don't have to boil it);
  • I need to thank God that I have a sink in my house that has heat (and that I am not homeless);
  • I need to thank God that I am so much more privileged than most of the world.
This is a first world problem.  It's frustrating, but in light of all I have, I have no need to complain.  Besides, I have a brand new, albeit useless, dishwasher! 

No comments:

Post a Comment