Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Bad, Bad Margo

At the Y, we have the lap swimmers, some of us who desire to stay in the water until the last possible second to get in as many laps as possible in the limited amount of time we have been given to swim.

Then, there are the Water Ex people who believe that when they arrive, we (the lap swimmers) need to leave.  Some of them literally jump into the water in front of us in an effort to get us out of the pool.  Well, today, I got them out . . . 

I asked the lifeguard when I arrived at 8:00 a.m. if he wanted a break.  I normally do not do this, but the short end of a long story is that the custodian asked me to ask him if he needed a break.  He did not.  When I finished swimming at 8:50 a.m., I asked him again, saying that I would love to kick all of these water ex people out of the water for five minutes because they irritate me!  Bad Margo.  Bad, bad Margo.

He said, "Yes".  So cleared the pool and got everyone out while I made sure no one got into the pool - I am still Y staff so I can - and he took a potty break. The water ex instructor came over and asked me what was up.  I said, "Well, he's been here since 5 a.m. and he needed a break to use the bathroom."  Not really.  But I wasn't giving up my real reason!  

No comments:

Post a Comment