Thursday, November 19, 2020

Thankful Thursday!

It's funny how thanksgiving is a choice we make.

  • I had a great swim at the Y this morning.  I can be thankful for that or angry/sad/mad/depressed that that was my last swim for at least the next thirty days.   
  • I can be thankful for the four boys I was able to work with on WebEx today or I can be upset that I don't know what my schedule will be when school resumes and bemoan the fact that I may not be working with them again.
  • I can be thankful for the reading group I worked with this afternoon or I can be frustrated with the fact that I don't know when or if I'm going to work with them next.
  • I can be thankful for the beautiful day today or I can be down in the dumps because it is supposed to snow on Sunday. 
  • I can choose thankfulness that my two CPR classes on Saturday were cancelled due to Covid or I can whine about the fact that I am not making money if I'm not teaching the classes.
  • Shoot, I can be thankful that I have a job in the school district right now as we move to distance learning or I can grumble about how my job just might change and/or move in a direction I may not enjoy as much.
Friends, I choose thankfulness!

 
"Rejoice always, pray continually, 
give thanks in all circumstances; 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment