Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thankful Thursday! (aka "The Ever-Changing Work Hours")

When I was hired to work at Oak Hills Elementary this fall, I was told my hours would be 9:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.  Perfect!

When I started working at OHE, due to Covid and starting out with hybrid learning, my hours were switched to 9:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. for the first three weeks.  No problem!

In early October, once we were all in the swing of things, my hours were increased to 8:50 a.m. - 3:05 p.m.  Okay.  No worries.

Now that we're distance learning, my hours were changed to 8:15 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.  meaning I now needed to work out after work instead of before work.  

Except last Tuesday, I found out that my hours would only definitely be 8:15 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays would be determined by the team I'm working on.  Since Aimee and I are the entire team and she's out with Covid exposure, who knows what I'm working when I go back to work!  

In this time of Covid, when so many have lost jobs and businesses and are on furlough, I am ever thankful for the job I have - whatever my hours may be!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment