Thursday, September 12, 2019

Thankful Thursday!

I've been writing "Thankful Thursday"s for a very long time.  Do you ever wonder what I'm going to say?  Because today's is truly a first . . .

I am so absolutely THANKFUL that no one drowned on my time today at the Y!  I can't even make this up.  Claire was the first one to go down.  She stepped of the step we have the children stand on and went under.  Fortunately, she was tall enough that a few coughs and she was fine. 

Maxwell, however, was so excited for his very first day of swimming lessons that he forgot to hang on the wall and he forgot to stay on the step.  He went down not once, but twice- at different times!  I hear his mom stopped by the front desk after lessons and said how happy she was with his swimming instructor!  Really?

Mark only went off the step once.  I told him that he had done a remarkable "bob" as he coughed up a bit of water.  His mom is a doctor.  She's cool. 

I think, while I'm quite thankful that this Thursday ended well, next Thursday I may look into velcro or super glue for these students . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment