Sunday, September 29, 2019

Only at Sand Creek - on a Saturday!

It was a great start yesterday.  Our first zip was at eleven.  Tim and I took them through the course and walked back up to the hill . . . to a 75th birthday party that never made the calendar!

Bless Jenny and her crew - they were wonderful, but they needed a lot of help.  So I spent my lunch break putting harnesses and helmets on them, and then Duane and I took them zipping.  Remember, it was a 75th birthday party which mean we had a lot of ages and stages.  I became the "Uber Chick", driving one sweet lady at a time up the hill in the Bobcat. 

Our two o'clock fun included my neighbor's former junior high youth pastor.  When I heard her name, it clicked.  I looked at her and said, "I know who you are and what you do!"  Then I didn't say anything else.  It was priceless.  When I finally spilled the beans, we took a couple of selfies to send to the neighbors.  

At 3:15 p.m., we had a group of "unscheduled" people show up.  They had signed up to zip an hour before which meant they had not show up on our morning/staffing schedule.  It was tight, but Duane and I got them through, managed to do the high ropes group and arrive only seven minutes late for our 4:30 zip.

It turns out that it was mission's week at Al's church (Sand Creek is on his land) and with the four zippers, we had seven more missionaries zipping too!  Oh, we laughed and had fun, but we were beat.  We hadn't even finished lunch yet . . . 

We got back up the hill, only to discover the missionary from Paraguay had arrived late.  What do you do?  A two-zip which was the perfect compromise!

We were comatose, but everyone was happy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment