Saturday, March 16, 2019

"Two are better than one . . . "

"Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 NIV

Poor Matthew!  He's commented more than once over the past few weeks that Allison is his favorite mom.  I'm not sure if he's just giving me grief, trying to get a rise out of me or is really being honest.  I think, though, I may have moved up to "top mom" after lunch on Wednesday . . .

Matt:  "I bought another car."
Allison:  "You mean a different car."
Matt:  "No, I have two cars."
Allison:  "And two car payments and car insurance . . ."
Margo:  "It was purchases APA - against parental approval."
Allsion:  "You are only twenty-two years old.  You do not need two cars.  Obviously, your frontal lobe has not matured.  When you are twenty-four, you will grow a brain.  I hope you use it.  That is just . . . "

 I can't tell you how much I appreciated Allison at that moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment