Sunday, March 31, 2019

Back at Sand Creek . . .

Yesterday we returned to Sand Creek Adventures for the start of our 2019 season!  Imagine my surprise when I met Lauren, a new staff who told us she had been hired to work with the team builds, finding out their needs and working with them.  

Wait!  I thought I was the "Team Build Coordinator".  That sounded very much like my job!     

The thought that kept running through my mind was, "Unoffended, unoffended, unoffended."  Had Anna, our course manager, not been trying to meet with me for the past two weeks and it just hadn't worked out?  Something was up, but before I jumped to any conclusions, "Unoffended, unoffended, unoffended . . ."  

And yes, Anna and I were meeting at the end of the day . . .

The first words out of her mouth when we met were, "You did a great job as the Team Build Coordinator last year and we still want you to do that."  

Did you all hear my sigh of relief? 

"But we want to up our game this year.  Lauren's background is conflict mediation.  She's working with us and Raksa's program to contact team builds before they arrive to see what they hope to get out of their time at both locations.  Her job will be to communicate our information with you and then you two will develop a plan and work with our other staff."

Insert "happy dance". 

"Of course, what I'd like you to do . . . "

Oh, here it comes!

". . . Is read these four books with me and we can come up with ideas that we can do with staff to help them with their team builds.  And I'd also like to come up with a file of ideas so that when groups come . . . "

I'm SO in!  I'll be putting in a lot of hours between now and May 15 (our tentative due date), coming up with a file and reading four books, fortunately my body can be home while I work at Sand Creek where it's always a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment