Thursday, March 7, 2019

Thankful Thursday!

On this lovely, warming Thursday, I am thankful for Barbara, our assistant Aquatics Coordinator.  I could leave it at that, but I'm guessing you'd like a few more details so as I share my details, please don't get frustrated with me because these are my details based on my experiences.  

My last class of the day at the Y is a home school group.  I find home schoolers very difficult to teach with very few exceptions.  This particular class contains four students - one who far outshines the others, two who are about the same, and one who is no where near the abilities of the other three.  Yet because their parents said they were all the same level, I have the privilege of teaching them all together. 

Barbara understood the challenge I was up against and hung around with my class, helping me to challenge my best swimmer or helping me to encourage my other swimmers, allowing me to work one-on-one as needed.  It made the class so much easier because in reality, I am teaching three very different classes to three very different abilities.  

And the best part was?  She's hoping to "hang around" every Thursday and "help out"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment