Saturday, March 31, 2018

Thankful Thursday!

Never mind that today is Saturday and Thursday was two whole days ago!  I mentally wrote this post on my drive home Thursday and finally have a chance to actually post it today.  Enjoy!

This past week, I've been working for ISD 196 teaching twelve thirteen- through sixteen-year-olds how to be swimming instructors, specifically Water Safety Aides.  Driving home today, I was so thankful that:
  • Caroline (my co-teacher) was able to come in to work today when I needed her. She got the call that her grandmother wasn't long for this world right after we finished First Aid.  Noah was able to come in and lifeguard for us as we went to the pool.  Sabrina came in when she finished her class to teach with me.  Caroline got to go say "good-bye" to her grandma.
  • The two girls who said they weren't able to get in the water today because they didn't use tampons had a definite change of heart.  It must have been my statement:  "If you WANT to work here, you WILL use tampons."
  • Thor's melt down came AFTER he said this class helped him to understand that he really didn't want to work with children EVER!  
  • I learned a new fun song that I can use at the Y: 
"Row, row, row your boat
gently down the stream.
Ha! Ha! I fooled you!
I'm a submarine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment