Friday, March 23, 2018

Thankful Thursday!

It may already be Friday and what I'm so thankful for may have happened on Wednesday, but I spent all day Thursday being thankful for it so I think it counts . . . let's take a look.

Believing, for some unknown reason, that God truly wants Micah to attend a Christian college next year, that's what we checked out when we went college shopping - Christian colleges.  She fell in love with North Central University downtown and will be going back for a visit with Sam this coming Tuesday, sort of to finalize that "Yes!  This is where I want to go!"

With me only working part-time at the Y, I knew I needed to find some extra hours to cover that private college differential so that "college debt" would not become Micah's middle name!  She got some awesome scholarships, but she was still short. 

The first job I considered, I didn't really want.  I couldn't even call to see if it was available.  Then I discovered it had been and it went to someone else and all I felt was relief.

The second possibility I heard about, I never bothered to look into because I really didn't want it.  So I grabbed some extra hours at the Y (with Sterling Academy) and thought about teaching night lessons, too.  That didn't happen because I really didn't want to.

Fast forward to Wednesday afternoon, just forty-eight hours ago.  I went to a meeting that I thought was one thing and ended up being offered a job so wonderful that it fit me to a "T" that I haven't stopped smiling yet.  Since I have a few more details to work out before I announce my plans to the world, let me just say how thankful I am for this position that truly was created with me in mind!  To God be the glory!  And stay tuned . . .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment