Monday, December 4, 2017

The End.

Without flags or fanfare, without confetti or trumpets, today marks the end.  For over twenty years I have been sending updates, pictures and letters to Matt and Micah's birth father through New Life Family Services.  

It was never in any of our agreements, we had never talked about, but God tugged my heart.  So I faithfully sent a Christmas card to him every single year, the last maybe ten years with the knowledge that they were being stored in a lock box because New Life didn't have a forwarding address for him.

Micah turned eighteen last month.  By law, she's now an adult.  She can make her own choices.  I'm done.  I'm not sure how I feel emotionally, but twenty-some years ago, eighteen was the stopping point.  Today is the end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment