Saturday, April 1, 2017

Encounter with a Muslim Vampire

I have the common cold.  The version that comes complete with a hacking, barking seal cough; aching body; chills; runny nose; and monstrous headache.  So I missed my fasting lab yesterday.  But I was able to reschedule it for today - at 9:30 a.m.   

We are currently taking a class at Berean on how to share our faith with Muslims.  Sure enough, my "Vampire" today was Muslim.  I found out she was from Somalia and i shared that I had only been to West Africa.  We talked about Mercy Ships and she had me write down their web site for her when I left, sharing just a bit of Jesus.

I got home home and Sam met me at the door.  She had used the wrong vial, so back to the clinic for me for draw number two.  Note:  I did ask if this was an April Fool's joke.  

Same vampire, other arm.  Except it wasn't the "good vein" arm.  After the pain of proding and poking in an attempt to find a vein all the while I was trying not to hack on her and I felt like I was dying, I asked if she could just use my other arm again.  She did - apologizing the entire time.  I got to be Jesus with skin on, loving a lady who was having a bad day on my arms because that's what Jesus calls us to do.

After breakfast, I went back to bed.    

No comments:

Post a Comment